Christ Church is a lively, forward-looking evangelical church.
We are committed to sound Bible teaching, to the empowering work of the Holy Spirit, to engaging with God in worship, and to building up relationships with God, and with one another. We are concerned about making the Christian faith understandable and relevant to those whom we serve, and to equipping people to serve God in the whole of our lives, and not just on a Sunday.
We appreciate our rich heritage and welcome the many opportunities we have for reaching out into the community with the love of God. Our Parish Mission Statement: God’s Love: Know it; Show it; Share it; Declare it sums up all we try to do and be!
Christ Church THIS WEEK!
Sunday 26th May 2019
Thank you for joining us today. If this is your first time, it is great to have you with us! Do fill in a green welcome card in the seats and give this to the service leader at the door.
p2 Ascension Day Service
Carers’ support group
p3 Bring and Share lunch
p4 Women’s breakfast
‘How to pray for children’ event
THE BIG BREAKFAST WITH JENNIFER REES-LARCOMBE
Confined to a wheel-chair for eight years, best-selling author Jennifer Rees-Larcombe was unexpectedly and instantly healed. Come and hear how God has guided and blessed her through the joys and sorrows of life over a slap-up breakfast at Christ Church at 8.30am on Saturday July 6th 2019.
Tickets on sale soon.
email [email protected] to reserve!
Beer and Bible!
The Beer & Bible meetings in The White Horse have ended – at least for now – but the questions and discussions from them are still very much alive! All three of the meetings were held against the backdrop of big football matches – although the first was made easier with a technical fault that shut down the first part of the Liverpool – Barcelona match! There were many good conversations, fuelled by questions such as:
* For there to be winners in life, do there have to be losers?
* What does it mean to have a ‘hope and a future’?
* How could God change the rest of your life for the better?
* What does it mean to have ‘life to the full’?
* Millions of people suffer and/or die every day, does God care about them?
* How can faith in God help us face the future without fear?
These were all linked to bible verses:
* ‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” (Jeremiah 29 v11)
* ‘The thief comes only to kill and steal and destroy: I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full (John 10v10)
* ‘And a great windstorm arose, and the waves were breaking into the boat…..but He was in the stern, asleep on the cushion. And they woke Him and said to Him, ‘Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing?’ (Mark 4 v 37, 38)