All meetings are cancelled while the Corona Virus is active.
A group for those in the Prime of Life – a social gathering in a Christian context, with Fun, Fellowship and Friendship
We meet on the first Wednesday of the month between 10:30 and 12:00, in The Junction at Christ Church. There is a mixture of talks, activities, demonstrations, coffee and cake, as well as the chance to socialise.
- February 5th: Jack the music man: Come and enjoy a morning with Jack on the guitar with anecdotes of his life and stories
- March 4th: Boccia: Join the fun of carpet boules with Mike Cant as referee and show your skills at beating the opposition!
- April 1st: Passover: Anne Lovegrove will be presenting a Passover meal for us all to enjoy in the run up to Easter
- May 6th: Silver Fashioning: Lynne Watkins will talk about making items from silver and will take us on a journey of Biblical references to silver
- June 3rd: Spring flowers: Sally Stanbridge will help us create a flower arrangement to capture the beauty of roses
- July 1st: Cliveden: A National Trust speaker will be giving us an exciting talk on Passion Politics and Pleasure at Cliveden
- August 12th: Garden Party: Come and enjoy Sally Stanbridge’s beautiful garden in Croxley Green and enjoy a summer picnic (note the venue)
- September 2nd: Chorleywood house: Lynda Herity, an archivist for the Chorleywood house estate, will be talking about the estate’s interesting and varied history
- October 7th: Singing with Laura: Laura Joiner will demonstrate some techniques and teaches us about the health benefits of singing
- November 4th: Book Author Illustrator: Expect an amusing presentation by Jane Jackson, a local author, about the creation of an imaginary village, with inhabitants and favourite recipes
- December 2nd: Christmas Bonanza: Carols, memories. buffet and mulled wine to be enjoyed
We’d be grateful for a donation of £2 a session to cover our costs. If you’ve got any questions or would like to help, please contact Jane Cant or Jenny Walker via the church office (01923 282149).