About Christ Church2019-09-23T19:09:18+01:00

What we believe

God is the loving ruler of the world and he made us to live in a special relationship with him. Everyone has rebelled against God, the one who created us. All of us have tried and failed to run our own lives, and our world, by ourselves. If we continue in our rebellion against God, he will exclude us from relationship with him now and forever.

Because of his love for us, God, the Father, sent Jesus, his Son, into the world so that we don’t have to suffer the consequences of our rebellion. Jesus died on the cross and was cut off from his Father in our place. He rose from the dead to show that he had paid the full penalty for our rebellion.

As a result of Jesus’ death, God offers us a new start in our relationship with him. We can continue to reject him or we can let God into our lives and receive his Holy Spirit. This leads to forgiveness of all our sins and a new start in our relationship with God as our Father, in the power of the Holy Spirit and under the Lordship of Christ, obedient to his will as revealed in the Bible.

That’s it in a nutshell.

Find out more

A lively, forward-looking evangelical church

We are committed to sound Bible teaching, to the empowering work of the Holy Spirit, to engaging with God in worship, and to building up relationships with God, and with one another. We want to equip people to serve God every day, not just on Sunday.

Our large congregation is spread across four services on a Sunday and there are several different programmes for children and young people. At the top of the common, next to the school, two minutes from M25 J18, we welcome the many opportunities we have for reaching out into the community with the love of God. Our Mission Statement: God’s Love: Know it; Show it; Share it; Declare it.

Christ Church History

Originally part of the parish of Rickmansworth, Chorleywood was declared a separate parish on 3rd December 1845. The present church, consecrated in 1870, replaced an earlier church built on the same site in 1845. Only the original tower remains, finished with flint and Bath stone, although its small pointed roof was replaced by the spire. The neighbouring church school was built in 1853.

There’s more about the building on another page, including a tour of what’s inside.

More About The Building